Blog Archive

Monday, February 20, 2012

The Quest - Finding the Best Fitting Plus Size Swimsuit


With the weather warming up and summer vacation quickly approaching, I decided to go on a quest for the best fitting plus size swimsuit. We all know that swimsuits can be pretty pricey, but I personally am willing to pay the price for something that is not only durable, but figure flattering and stylish. The last thing you want to have on your vacation is an ill-fitting swimsuit since you will basically live in it for however long you are away at your tropical paradise.

One of the most important things to me when shopping for a plus size swimsuit is fit. As a Mother, Wife, and Plus Size Model it is important to me to NOT have all of my "business" showing to the entire world. I look for a swimsuit that I can not only wear from patio to poolside, but one that I can wear to the water slide park or for a day at the beach with the family. It is always nice to have a couple of different options based on the occasion, but I know not all of us have that luxury so we can make 1 suit work for all of the above.

On my quest I visited many different stores in the mall that I know carry plus size clothing such as Torrid, Macys, and JC Penny to check out their swimsuit collections. At each store I tried on a variety of swimsuits and had no luck at all. I just could not find a suit that fit me right and was stylish at the same time. I came home feeling frustrated and exhausted, so I decided to sit down and browse the web for other options. While searching online I found some amazing plus size swimsuit styles that were nowhere to be found at the mall on sites that I knew focused on plus size fashion and sizing.

The first site I sought out was LaneBryant.com and I found the Miraclesuit "Oceanus" one-piece swimsuit for $134.00 available in Black and Ocean Blue. This is a classic look is for any occasion and has special stretch fabric that provides extra support to give you a noticeably slimmer silhouette. You cannot go wrong with this swimsuit!

The second site I visited was AlwaysForMe.com where I fell in love with the "Twist Front Bandeau" one-piece plus size swimsuit for $79.00 available in a variety of colors. This swimsuit has been featured in a variety of magazines such as O, The Oprah Magazine and is considered one of their top selling swimsuits. This suit has everything I am looking for in a plus size swimsuit. It has full tummy control, shirred sides that help create a curvy waistline, a super cute skirt that provides some coverage but doesn't make you look like you are wearing a full swim dress, and the halter strap can be removed. AMAZING! This style is perfect to go from patio to poolside at the resort. I also love how easy it is to shop on their site and how much detail they give you on each and every item. You also can shop by your body type A+ to Alwaysforme.com.

Lastly I visited Swimsuitsforall.com I found the Delta Burke "Tigress" plus size halter tankini in brown for $98.00. This suit is super cute and has a high v-neck for good coverage and cinched sides with a drawstring tie detail. This is a great two-piece style and works perfect for an apple shaped girl. Love it!

These are just 3 plus size swimsuits that I found to be the best in durability, fit, and style. I feel that all women of every size and shape deserve to wear beautiful, stylish swimsuits and feel confident. So far the plus size collections I found on-line for 2009 have some amazing choices to fit every shape. So have fun this season, be adventurous, try something new, and always love the skin you are in.




About this Author

Danielle Line, Guest Writer, Plus Size Model for http://www.swakdesigns.com



0 comments:

Big Deals

Cheap Swimsuits